[PLUG] Strange df output

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Tue Apr 13 21:24:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 07:53, Matt Alexander wrote:
> I upgraded to 2.4.25

I would advocate a move to 2.6.5. If you're not using lvm, it should be
relatively painless. And it offers significant speed increases and a
vastly improved scheduler. Do watch out for the new modutils (it's
module-init-tools in 2.6.x).

> It's interesting that with the 2.2 kernel, I could get a huge disk
> speed increase by playing with the hdparm settings, such as:
>
> hdparm -X69 -d1 -u1 -m16 -c3 /dev/hda
>
> But after going to 2.4, this apparently makes no difference.  The
> following command gives identical results:
>
> hdparm -Tt /dev/hda

Does it test low or high now? It's possible that your system is now
setting those hdparm tags automatically.

Evan