[PLUG] Mozilla development?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Apr 14 05:52:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Matt Alexander wrote:

> Has anyone here done any application development using Mozilla and XUL?

None yet (and it may be a quite awhile until I can find time) but ...

> Pros?  Cons?

I bought the O'Reilly book "Creating Applications with Mozilla" and of all
the ORA books I've bought through the years this has been the biggest
disappointment.  It has five authors and I could usually tell when the
section/chapter changed just from the writing style which isn't a bad
thing but several of the authors needed a stronger editor as they seemed
to get lost in what they were trying to get across.  Describing XUL etc.
in XUL terms.
   It could be me and my lack of experience with Java but the chapters I
was most interested in just confused and lost me.

On the plus side those chapters I did get through really charged me up.
This could be a great application development environment and a look at
'Komodo' will prove this.

Rod