[PLUG] Buying a Linux laptop

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 14 11:06:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, cocofan wrote:

>     I'm in the process of buying a new Linux-only laptop.  Does anyone
> know how good LinuxCertified Inc. laptops are?

Dona,

  No experience with them.

>     Also, is Emperor Linux laptops any good?  Their prices are higher but
> then they have more brand name laptops.

  I'm very happy with both the Sony Vaio ("BlackPerl") model I bought from
them recently and with their support. They're a small business with a bunch
of very good people. _I_ didn't mind paying the premium to have my
distribution of choice pre-installed and tested. But, I buy accessories for
much less (e.g., additional RAM and the WiFi card).

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>