[PLUG] Apache Directory Directive

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Apr 15 02:13:02 UTC 2004

dan at fiddlers-green.info writes:

> Quoting Daniel Logghe <dzl at frenetic.com>:
>
>> dan at fiddlers-green.info wrote:
>> > All,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to limit access to a logs directory on my webserver, and I can't
>> seem
>> > to get the following to work:
>> >
>> > <Directory /var/webconfig/htdocs/reports/data>
>> >     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>> >     order deny,allow
>> >     deny from all
>> >     allow from 192.168.2.*
>> > </Directory>
>>
>> Try:
>> allow from 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0
>
> Didn't work. I still recieve a 403 error when attempting to access
> the page.

Did you /etc/init.d/apache stop && sleep 5 && /etc/init.d/apache
start (or your distro's equivilent)?  Apache seems to be one of those
daemons that has no method to make all changes happen by simply
re-reading the configs in a lot of cases.

> I guess I should point out this webconfig embedded with
> clarkconnect.

Does it use apache configs or something, or are we all way off in the
wrong direction in assuming that?

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo at ursine.ca>