[PLUG] Samba printer "access denied"

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Apr 15 02:14:01 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Evan" == Evan Heidtmann <clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com> writes:

Evan> I don't have a windows box anywhere near to know exactly which
Evan> field you're talking about, but I have a hunch it's the
Evan> "browseable" directive. Try setting it to yes.

I don't see how that would explain it working for me but not for him.
Seems like a permissions problem somewhere... but where?

... and sorry for the lame-o problem report, I was reconstructing it
from memory.  I believe the field is the "status" field, after the
printer name and number of documents, and I think the "mumble, mumble"
was "unable to connect to printer".  But strangely, he _was_ able to
_print_ to the printer.

seniorr at aracnet.com