[PLUG] recovery, fried MB

theo at portlandpictureframe.com theo at portlandpictureframe.com
Fri Apr 16 11:45:02 UTC 2004

Long story short...
My home server
Fedora 1
kernal raid mirror 2 IDE 160 gb
Fried MB/proc (MSI K7? / AMD 1700XP)

I think the data is untouched. Is it possible to just get a new MB/proc
and plug everything in, cast a spell or two, pray to the dead Linux
ghurus and have everything boot and be as it was?

I don't expect so...
1. What is my best recovery plan? I will have to buy a new MB/proc or
use something I have lying around.
I planned for disk failure and power failure but not this :/
2. Is there a good way to manage this swapping of MB? What about if I
want to switch to a PIII?

UGH!! My hardware router also bit it last night. I think one of Bill
Gates' imps was haunting my house yesterday!

Thanks, Theo