[PLUG] Training a bayesian filter

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Sat Apr 17 00:33:01 UTC 2004

AthlonRob <AthlonRob at axpr.net> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 08:52, plug.9.faster at spamgourmet.com wrote:
>
>> Because your spam is not the same as my spam. I host email for some
>> friends' domains, and I see the spam I reject for them and the spam I
>> reject for me. There is almost zero intersection, if you leave out the
>> fact that most of it is relayed through Asia or sent via
>> broadband-connected zombies.
>
> When you say reject, you actually mean silently drop, right?

No, because that breaks SMTP.  He means reject, as in, after DATA has
arrived, reject it at SMTP-time.  You can do this for more than just
spam, you should be doing this for virus-infected mail already (and
not sending bounce messages after accepting it like too many sites
do).

http://ursine.ca/article.pl?sid=04/04/11/1127234

--
Paul Johnson