[PLUG] Reasonably-priced SCSI Drives?

Chris Jantzen chris at maybe.net
Tue Apr 20 03:46:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:09:55PM -0700, Paul Mullen wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a SCSI HDD that approaches $1/GB, or am I
> better off buying an ATA controller and a cheap IDE drive?

If you're worried about price, odds are you're better off buying an
ATA controller and a cheap IDE drive.

In the "budget range", there isn't so much a performance advantage --
these days you're paying for the warranty more than anything.

I have a small array of 10K RPM 9GB SCSI's for my homedirs and system
volumes and a huge array of 7200 RPM 120GB ATA's for "nearline" media
storage. Less noisy, too.

--
chris kb7rnl =->