[PLUG] Converting .sid files

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Apr 20 09:45:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Jeff Blain wrote:
> I am trying to find a tool that will convert .sid graphic files to .tiff
> .jpeg or anything other than .sid.
>
> There used be a viewer from LizardTech called MrSid that ran on linux,
> but I can't seem to find it anywhere, or any viewer for that matter.

You want this page:

I don't know anything about this, but five minutes of Google led me to
believe that if you get the MrSID Info and MrSID Decode utilities (which
may or may not require money to license), you can use some modification of
this script:

And do your conversion there.

But it could be easier than that as the script might not be doing anything
too useful for you.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin