[PLUG] Avantgo and KDE

Chris Jantzen chris at maybe.net
Wed Apr 21 12:04:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:09:55AM -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 08:22, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >   I'll confess that I have no idea what is Avantgo.
>
> Avantgo is a conduit used to sync things like news and wepages, AFAIK.
> It's one of those Windows conduits.
>
> As far as I know, there isn't currently a way to use such things... I
> don't think you can use such conduits as the AOL ones, either, for
> instance.  jpilot doesn't, as far as I know, support them.

The original post had the clue everybody should've been looking for:
"malsync". I've synced with AvantGo for Palm under Linux many
times. Only ever using the command line, though. "apt-cache search
malsync" turns up this jpilot plugin:

http://jasonday.home.att.net/code/syncmal/

Untested by me, of course, as I don't use jpilot.

--
chris kb7rnl =->