[PLUG] Reasonably-priced SCSI Drives?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Apr 21 21:57:02 UTC 2004

Ron Braithwaite wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 16:44, Russ Johnson wrote:
>

>>My very first hard drive was 5.25", full height, and had a whole 7 megs
>>of storage space.
>>
>>Yes... I said 7 megabytes.
>>

>Hah! You had a big one.

Well, you are older than I... :p

I had my drive around 1988. It was designed for a Pet computer, and was
hooked to my Commodore 128.

>about 50 lbs and if it lost power without being shut down properly,
>would retract its heads while a capaciter discharged and wiped a nice
>spiral over the disk.

My first PC had a full height 5.25", 40 mb drive that supposedly
autoparked it's heads, but I had the "park" command just in case. :)

>Ahhh, those were the days.

Fun fun fun!

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #3 (Collect all 24)
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein