[PLUG] Java for Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 23 09:12:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Percy Wood wrote:

>   I have Red Hat ( installed, and am looking for a Java CD that will
> install.  GUI nice, but not necessary.  I do not have broadband, so
> download is not an option.  If you could burn, or have such, I'd like to
> know.  Can't cost much; unemployed.

Percy,

  We're not the PDX lugs, but I'll try responding anyway.

  Your message is ambiguous. Are you looking for the Java Runtime
Environment so you can use applications written in java? Are you looking for
the java Software Development Kit so you can write applications in java? Do
you want an Integrated Development Environment for designing and writing
java applications?

  The JRE should be on your distribution cdrom. The SDK can be downloaded
from Sun's Web site. If you want to use an IDE to develop code, check out
http://www.eclipse.org.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>