[PLUG] (M$) CommView-like setup for console

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Apr 26 17:10:03 UTC 2004

I would like to monitor some _strange_ traffic I'm (not) seeing and
accounding to the Tech Manager the only thing (he's a Windows guy) that
he's found that will see this is CommView.  And rather than install this
Windows software on a machine and take it to the NOC I'd like to get the
same functionality out of an OS solution but it has to run console.

The CommView software (GUI) looks a lot like some of the output I
associate with Ethereal and friends.  I don't have nearly enough
experience with networks so I'm open to suggestions.

TIA,
Rod