[PLUG] (M$) CommView-like setup for console

Chris Jantzen chris at maybe.net
Mon Apr 26 18:14:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:02:39PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> > CommView covers a number of protocols, but I didn't see anything at first
> > glance not covered by recient versions of Ethereal.
>
> I probably need to do some more reading on Ethereal.

Additionally, since they are both libpcap based, you can use tcpdump
to capture packets remotely, say from within an ssh session or a cron
job, and save the results to a file. Then you can bring the file into
a local workstation and use Ethereal to analyze the traffic visually
postmortem.

--
chris kb7rnl =->