[PLUG] The well-scheduled man.

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Tue Apr 27 16:17:02 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin writes:

 > I've come to believe my life could use some organization.
 >
 > I once had a Palm device.  Still got it, somewhere.  Never remembered to
 > sync it and it didn't have an alarm mechanism that actually made itself an
 > unavoidable part of my life.  (There is just one catch, Catch 22:  You
 > have to remember to check your reminders.)
 >
 > So, what do y'all use for calendar management?

I don't intend to be a smart-ass; but, there's really only 1 trick
to calendar management, regardless of the technology.  Every morning
(or any other time of day... as long as it's the same time each day)
go over the things you have to do that day and the next few days.

So, for example, I use Gnome Calendar.  It does things like throws
up dialog boxes and emails me etc.  But, all that is totally useless
if I don't spend about 15 minutes each day gathering my thoughts about
what should be done that day and over the next few days.

If you spend that 15 minutes, any technology will suffice, including
a little spiral notebook, a wad of sticky notes in your pocket, or
notes written on your arm.

Oh, and if you, for some reason, simply cannot discipline yourself to
take that 15 minutes each day, then your life doesn't need organizing.
[grin]  You'd be better off winging it.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr