[PLUG] The well-scheduled man.

Alice Corbin ali at axian.com
Tue Apr 27 16:59:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:22:52PM -0700, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:52:45PM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> >
> > I've come to believe my life could use some organization.
> >
> > So, what do y'all use for calendar management?
>
> The editor's at LWN recently evaluated a number of options.
> This was motivated by their dispair over ical's neglect.
> Should a computer based one be of interest the review is
> at:
>    http://lwn.net/Articles/74814/

I tried out a bunch of possibilities, including Evolution and Korganizer.
In the end, however, I decided to use the Emacs calender.  It's not as
pretty as some of the others, and lacks some of their bells and whistles,
but it meets my needs.

An added advantage is that I can rsync my diary up to my mail server
and access it from the outside world, even from a (gasp!) windows box.

Ali