[PLUG] The well-scheduled man.

Doug Davis doug at mindglow.net
Tue Apr 27 21:01:01 UTC 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 4:36 PM, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> But I'll also need something accessible from everywhere and hopefully
> something that can import and export events from other locations.
>
> The ical protocol looks perfect.  I guess I need to set up a proper
> ical
> server with authentication and some kind of mechanism to sync with
> remote
> calendars?

Jeme,

Try this if you think a web based solution might fit the bill. It uses
ical (.ics) files which I believe Mozilla supports. You cant edit
through the web interface but it does have lots of cool features
including an RSS feed of all things. Its also searchable and password
protectable.. Not perfect but pretty good.

...or buy a mac since ical will email you for appointments.

Doug