[PLUG] The well-scheduled man.

Felix Lee felix.1 at canids.net
Wed Apr 28 03:12:01 UTC 2004

Michael Robinson <plug_0 at robinson-west.com>:
> What I don't get is why ical if it's so popular isn't being brought up
> to date?

I can't think of anything in particular that needs to be done to
bring ical "up to date".  it does everything I want, and I
haven't seen any bugs.  it's also easy to customize with tcl,
though I haven't felt a need to do that.

I think most of the things that other people would want to change
involve using a different gui toolkit, and it probably seems
simpler to write a new calendar program for a new toolkit.  after
all, ical itself is not a lot of code, and most of it is gui.

it's kind of nice to have a program that isn't stuck in a
constant feature/bugfix change cycle.  I wish more programs were
like that.