[PLUG] Cisco certification....

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Fri Apr 30 20:42:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 17:21, Michael Robinson wrote:

> Nice answer, but how about elaborating a little more.  The best way to
> get rid of a
> question is to either answer it, give a helpful tip, or offer a more
> valuable question.

I'll do all three:

1)  They read the Cisco certification books and take the tests.
2)  RAFB
3)  Do you know how to do Internet research?

> I think your being feseechious.  At the same time can be the same:
> month, three months,
> year, etc.  If I can certify online, it's a lot easier to get two certs
> simultaneously.

Actually, no.  For two things to happen at the same time, by their very
definition they must happen at the same time.  The same time doesn't
mean a year apart.  :-)

> That's nice.  It would be stupid to get an MCSE till I actually need one
> since
> every version of Windows is close to completely incompatible with every
> other
> version and the Microsoft certs are some of the most costly.  Nothing
> surprises
> me as much as how much thrill your getting out of making this list
> unfriendly,
> are you on SCO's payroll Rob?

It's "you're" and not "your" when you're contracting you and are.

Actually, Windows versions are generally fairly compatible with each
other.  You're able to run most 16-bit Windows versions from over ten
years ago on Windows Server 2003.  Take a binary from a Linux distro
that's ten years old and you'll be far less successful, I would wager.

I'm not attempting to make this list unfriendly.  I am, honestly, being
short with you and a bit rude.  I don't like your posts.  If you wish to
explore the reasons for my dislike, feel free to email me off list.

Nope, I'm not on SCO's payroll.  I'd probably be a lot richer if I were,
however.

Rob