[PLUG] How does one make folded page booklets in Open Office?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 2 07:04:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, David Mandel wrote:

>     Here is the application.  She creates booklets from 8.5"x11" paper.
> They are printed in landscape mode and folded in the center to create
> booklets that are stapled in the center.  This is easy in Microsoft Word.
> You simply tell Word how many pages are in the booklet (it must be a
> multiple of 4), and Word does the rest of the work.  For example in a 36
> page booklet, page 2 will be printed on the left and page 35 will be on
> the right of a single landscape page.  This should be equally easy in Open
> Office, but I don't see the feature. Is it there?  Where is it?  HELP RID
> OUR HOME OF MICROSOFT.

David,

  Send a completely empty e-mail to 'user-subscribe at openoffice.org'. After
confirming your subscription request, ask the experts there. I'm sure it can
be done and you will get the details on where it's hidden on the menus and
help system.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>