[PLUG] [Q] sshd restrict IP

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Aug 2 16:16:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> When I first read your problem description I thought of how implementing
> the concept of port knocking in reverse would be a partial solution.

Interesting!

> As to the technique of port knocking itself there have been articles
> all over the place on it, the top three Google hits today are:

Yeah I hadn't done any recent research and now realize I was confused as I
remember an article in SysAdminMag but all the hoopla that the LJ article
has had got me wondering.

My only concern right now, without doing more research, is how to do it
from a Windows client.  A real scripting language or two makes it easy in
the UNIX/Linux world.  Windows is nother matter.  The may already be tools
for this.

Rod