[PLUG] 'about.config' in Firefox

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 3 16:48:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> 8000 does not equal 80

Michael,

  I do realize this and was reporting what I found. :-)

> Aaron was prompting to you check for and hopefully find something like:
>
>   tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

  Nope. Nothing on 80.

>   Telnetting to port 8000

  Works.

>   Configuring your app to connect to port 8000

  I changed /etc/thttpd.conf to use port 8000 instead of the default 80.
Lemme' restart thttpd and see if that fixes the problem ...

  Sigh. Something strange is going on with the http daemon. Here's what I
see:

[root at salmo ~/]# rc.d/init.d/thttpd restart
Gently shutting down thttpd: thttpd is not running         [FAILED]
Starting thttpd:                                           [  OK  ]

  The daemon _had_ been running before I shut down the box to fix the floppy
connector this past Sunday. I don't know why the start command -- which
reports "OK" -- results in the daemon not running. Guess I need to fix this
problem first.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)