[PLUG] 'about.config' in Firefox

Doug Davis doug at mindglow.net
Tue Aug 3 21:28:02 UTC 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 5:25 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> What may be happening here? It looks to me that the start command
> invokes
> the daemon long enough to write the assigned process number to
> /var/run/thttpd.pid, then the process dies so I cannot find it in the
> process list immediately after starting it.

I would suggest looking at the thttpd error log to see if there are any
clues. Apache often gives me similar behavior with a config error and
the log usually gives a hint. From the thttpd man file,  the daemon
uses the normal syslog function, so check the normal /var/log/messages
file unless you specified differently.

--
Doug Davis

Macintosh for Productivity