[PLUG] 'about.config' in Firefox

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Aug 4 12:39:02 UTC 2004

Rich Shepard wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Russ Johnson wrote:
>

>>If so, do you have any proxies running?
>>

>  Squid.
>
>  Just now, with the process running I tried (from within firefox)
>'http://localhost:8000/sql-ledger/admin.pl' and I get a blank page with
>'done' in the status bar.

OK, that sounds like the same results you got when we're pretty sure
thttpd wasn't running. If you get the same results both with thttpd
running and without it running, AND something else is listening on port
8000 when thttpd isn't running. You can't have two processes listening
on the same port.

I'd check the logs (as suggested by Derek) and try a different port
(8001?) You can do a netstat to find an unused port to use.

Russ