[PLUG] [OT] JetDirect cards

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 5 14:34:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> Not correct.  localhost is your computer.  You'll tell CUPS the location
> is <PRINTER_IP_ADDRESS>:9100 Where PRINTER_IP_ADDRESS is set through the
> front panel of the printer (pretty easy to do also) or let it grab one
> from DHCP.

  I realized my error after I sent the message. I suppose that I get the IP
address _after_ the card is inserted. That'll work on the LJ 5 with its LED
display but I wonder what I do about the 2500C. Well, when the vendor
responds I'll ask them.

Thanks, Michael!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)