[PLUG] [OT] JetDirect cards

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 5 17:32:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, HarrY wrote:

> The cost of the cards is high. For the cost of one card, you can buy a
> multi parallel port print server and run several printers off one print
> server. I paid just under $100 for my last jet card and under $75 for my
> Linksys Print server. it's a 2 port/switched print server. It has 2
> parallel ports and 4 ethernet ports. IIRC I paid something like $55 for
> the print server and was given a DSL router to go with it.

Harry,

  I appreciate this. That's why I wrote to a vendor and asked for
appropriate models. They sell refurbished units, too, for a lot less than a
new one.

  One advantage of the cards to a separate print server -- from my
perspective -- is that they don't need a power supply with wall-wart and
cord.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>