[PLUG] audiophile and linux addicts

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Fri Aug 6 17:49:02 UTC 2004

Hello all,

So I have this new project I'd like to do and looking for some
experience with Linux audio recording tools.

I would like to setup a PC with Linux and software to record a live
concert for my friends.

I'm looking for some software like "Cakewalk" or "Stienberg Cubase".
I'll have 4 inputs coming into the computer.

Also, any hardware recommendations for the input device that works
with Linux would be great as well.

I dont' know if any of you have done such a thing but if you could
point me towards some software I'd appreciate it.  If not I may just
do a bunch of DAT tapes and post mix later.  That just seems too old
and time consuming.

Thanks,

Josh