[PLUG] OT: Comcast ONDEMAND

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sat Aug 7 20:54:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 23:31, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:25:42AM +0000, Vincent Yau wrote:
> > I have not checked into pricing yet but I was told that it is something like
> > $10 more a month for video on demand.  At that price, it beats
> > renting from Blockbuster.
>
> And you'll never, ever pay a late fee, or go out in a snowstorm to rent a movie.

As if the exercise and getting out isn't good for you.  If there were an
option to say this is what I want at a reasonable price, that might be
worth it.  Seems the entertainment industry is sickly off base though
lately when it comes to the choices available.  Seems that script
writers aren't needed for reality shows.  Are we really to believe
that there's no money for media censors?

Digital equipment for personal use has improved so much that I see no
reason a competing entertainment industry can't be grown from the
grassroots  Linux can be used to keep equipment costs down.  If
there really is free speech in this country, maybe it's time it
got used to produce a respectable alternative to the sickening
reality shows that are so common and clearly getting worse.