[PLUG] Not all hardware modems equal...

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Aug 8 14:41:02 UTC 2004

I found out recently that an internal pci card hardware
modem with the Intel 536 chipset can't do voice under
Linux.

Why, I'm not sure.  It is awfully frustrating considering
it doesn't do voice that I bought it for this purpose.
Such is life.  It'll do 56k data and type III faxes.

I'm thinking about giving it away since it doesn't do what
I'm after.  Go figure that there is voice software for
Windows.  The irony is that the ebay seller said it
works great in Linux.  Being a hardware modem, I didn't
figure on running into a problem.

     --  Michael Robinson