[PLUG] Shell command needs an explanation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 8 16:21:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Chris Jantzen wrote:

> Just because Apache interprets it this way, does not guarantee that thttpd
> will do the same. (Though it probably does, given the context in which it
> is issued.)

Chris,

  It does.

  I've now fixed /etc/rc.d/init.d/thttpd so that it works and assigns the
actual pid to /var/run/thttpd.pid. Whew! That's one thing out of the way.

  Now I need to learn how to translate apache-executable commands in a
config file to thttpd-executable commands.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>