[PLUG] Apache help needed for sql-ledger

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 9 14:26:02 UTC 2004

  OK, guys. I removed thttpd and installed Server version: Apache/1.3.27
(Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux); Server built:   Dec 10 2003 05:05:00 on my RH 7.3
box. Added the sql-ledger Include directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to
include /etc/httpd/sql-ledger-httpd.conf.

  All looks OK. Then I try loading http://localhost/admin.pl and ...
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin.pl on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at salmo.appl-ecosys.com Port 80

  Feh! This is no better than thttpd. Sigh. /usr/sbin/httpd is owned by
root.root. All directories and files in /etc/httpd/ are owned by root.root.
/usr/local/sql-ledger/ has permissions 755 and is owned by root.root. The
perl script, login.pl, and its softlink admin.pl are also world executable.

  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)