[PLUG] system monitoring tool

Morthland, Cam cmorthland at christenson.com
Mon Aug 9 17:39:01 UTC 2004

This is pretty timely for me as I have spent MANY hours recently setting
up Nagios to monitor my environment (mostly MS/Compaq-HP/Cisco).

The problem I am running into is that to really utilize Nagios, it seems
you have to know a LOT about SNMP and MIB's so that you can perform
checks using check_snmp.

Am I missing the boat somehere?  I just haven't found a lot of examples
on the web for "stock" configs to monitor Cisco devices.  Nor have I
found out how to implement the Cisco MIBs into the Nagios environment.
I have installed nrpe_nt and that seems like it will do what I want it
to for my Win environment.

Is there anyone out here that has some good Cisco configs that is
willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

Cam