[PLUG] Gnome and VNC

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Tue Aug 10 16:06:02 UTC 2004

Well I am doing that right now.  I assume you mean:
/home/zot/.vnc/xstartup

Mine reads

        # Red Hat Linux VNC session startup script
        unset SESSION_MANAGER
        vncconfig -iconic &
        exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

I had a bunch of issue with gnome not starting.  It appears that 1 old
gnome process was running.  Took a while to hunt it down.

It might have been esd.

You can test by replacing gnome-session with twm.