[PLUG] iptables to SMTP connections

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Aug 11 16:45:02 UTC 2004

I'm still new to postfix so don't know for sure if I can block (or sink) a
couple of C-Class IP ranges using Postfix and besides iptables seems the
better way.

There is, if you've never ran into them, a bunch of domains that trick
users into giving their friends and families e-mail addresses to them in
exchange for movie tickets.  Since they keep changing their domainname
with slight variations we find out their IP range(s) and block.
   So I've set up a SMTP inbound gateway to take the load off the main
mail server(s) and want to block them there instead of having the
mailserver software handle it.

Iptables confuses me to no end and all my reading has just made it worst.
(Suppose I have a mental block from an early bad experience? :-)  Anyway;
anyone have a quick and dirty iptables filter to block a C-Class they'd be
willing to share?

TIA,
Rod