[PLUG] Intel 536ep...

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Fri Aug 13 11:10:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 08:36, Charlie Schluting wrote:
> Darkhorse wrote:
>
> > I got it for $13 thinking it's an intenal hardware modem that can
> > do voice.  Intel's Linux driver for this modem doesn't support
> > voice, but there's Windows software that supposedly will.
>
> The drivers don't work with 2.6, last time I used mine (2 months ago).
>
> Sometimes you just have to use windows.

Can I run Windows on top of vmware to get the Windows
voice package working?

Is anyone likely to figure out voice in the near
future for these?  What modems will work under Linux
for voice?  My options are pci, usb, and serial.
If I get a USB one, I cat get a USB2 card with an
internal USB port and hide it inside the server
case.

Has anyone done a dial-in server with an Intel 536ep
chipset modem?

     --  Michael Robinson