[PLUG] iptables to SMTP connections

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Aug 13 16:39:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Chris Jantzen wrote:

> On the host in question, something like
>
> iptables -I INPUT 1 -s x.x.x.x/24 -j DROP

Thanks Chris.  I finally found this information -- probably about 5
minutes after you sent this -- as I kept searching.

You'd think this would be an example at the top of the list for Netfilter
and iptables but every site, except one, doesn't even show how to do this.
Lots of NAT/SNAT MASQ etc. but no simple block by IP (and protocol and/or
port).

So I've got it now and it's going into my cheap tricks collection.

Rod