[PLUG] OT: PC Water Cooling

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sun Aug 15 17:19:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 16:38 -0700, Matt Alexander wrote:
> I just picked up a Shuttle case with a 2.4GHz P-4.  This little box
> puts out quite a bit of heat.  The aluminum case is quite warm to
> the touch.
>
> So I was thinking of ways to cool this and I was wondering what other
> people's experiences have been.  I'm particularly interested in
> water-cooling systems.
>
> The Shuttle case doesn't give much room for adding additional devices,
> but if I could put a small device on the CPU with tubes running out
> the back to a water pump, that might work.

Do it.

Check out www.hardforum.com's watercooling section.  Once you get past
the l33t0 bUrR1t0s you'll find a lot of good information.  These people
have actually *done* this kind of thing before.  :-)

Just be aware, it'll be very much a DIY type thing.  And, report back
what you end up doing.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.