[PLUG] recommendations for web cams

cocofan cocofan at mailbolt.com
Mon Aug 16 01:16:02 UTC 2004

    I'm about had it with my Philips PCVC680K web cam.  It requires two
drivers, one of which is closed source and needs to be 'forced' using
insmod just to get it loaded into the kernel.  Now that I've upgraded to
the 2.6 kernel it won't load at all (something about 'bad format').
   So I'm looking for a usb web cam that 'just works' in linux (or at
least one that doesn't require two drivers and an extra command to get
working).  I'm not looking for anything expensive; I just use it as a
low end 'security camera'.  Any recommendations?

                                 cocofan