[PLUG] Recommend's On WiFi Routers?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Aug 16 20:41:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 06:07:00PM -0700, Jason Van Cleve wrote:
> Fellows,
>
> I need an 802.11g WiFi router for my personal Comcast cable connection,
> and I would indeed appreciate a few recommendations:
>
>   - Four+ RJ-45 jacks.
>   - Flexible firewall with a decent interface.
>   - Good range (I've heard the two-antennae models are best).
>   - I'm not even sure what other features there are to consider.

Any one you please, honestly.  In my experience, they all work nicely
and have a clean web interface that works with any modern web browser.
>From what I've seen, no one brand seems to be better or less flaky than
another.

You might like a Linksys WRT54G, because there's nice community-
developed Linux-based mesh-networking firmware for it, but otherwise,
get whatever's on sale.  (see http://fatwallet.com)

Good luck,
  Aaron