[PLUG] Recommend's On WiFi Routers?

R. Haack gluebert at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 21:37:02 UTC 2004

>Fellows,
>
>I need an 802.11g WiFi router for my personal Comcast cable connection,
>and I would indeed appreciate a few recommendations:
>
>  - Four+ RJ-45 jacks.
>  - Flexible firewall with a decent interface.
>  - Good range (I've heard the two-antennae models are best).
>  - I'm not even sure what other features there are to consider.
>
>Basically, I'm getting too much information on this, and I'm hoping one
>or two models have gained general favor.  Price isn't critical, but I'm
>just looking for a home model, less than, say, $80.

I've had a DLink and 2 Linksys routers.  They both have options that I
like so it's hard to pick one over the other.  The only issue I've run
into with the Linksys, one was my own fault for upgrading the firmware
via a wireless connection instead of a cable connection.  Oops, oh well
it's only money.  :-)