[PLUG] Mouse Question

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 17:57:02 UTC 2004

I have RH 8 on my laptop and Debian Woody on this machine. On this
machine, when I attempt to move the mouse slowly, the pointer doesn't
move at all. As I increase the speed with which I move it, the pointer
moves. This becomes a problem when I get close to, but not on top of
something like the edge of a window that I want to resize. I don't have
this problem with my laptop.

Is there some difference in the mouse support for Debian vs RH? I've
tried adjusting the acceleration, sensitivity, and threshold settings of
the Debian mouse properties, but they don't appear to relate to this
problem.

Any ideas on why this works this way would be appreciated.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/