[PLUG] Mouse Question

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 20:50:02 UTC 2004

Wil Cooley wrote:

> I don't suppose you're using an optical mouse on a black surface, are
> you?

Optical mouse: yes. Black surface: no. The desktop is a light gray small
pebble laminate.

This mouse is connected to the computer through a KVM switch. The other
machine is a Win98 box. On the Win98 machine, the mouse performs
normally, i.e., when I move the mouse really slowly, the mouse pointer
moves really slowly.

I used to use a mouse on the laptop, but it's long enough ago that I
don't remember for sure whether there was a problem with it. Now, I just
use the trackpoint stick. In any event, I've never used this optical
mouse on that laptop.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens