[PLUG] Screen Capture Within VMware

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 18 17:12:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Chris Jantzen wrote:

> Clipboard. I believe Ctrl-PrtScrn can capture just one window, too.

  Ctrl- does no better than shift- . Nada. Comatose. Waits for me to close
the window with the plot before it's again responsive. Then, of course, I
cannot capture the plot.

  Well, it was written for a different category of problems than I need to
solve so I'm not surprised. Besides, it was written by a couple of
academicians starting about 1984 and is a amalgam of C, C++, documented
files and others without a single comment. When I asked the original author
(who's 85 years old now) what a couple of undocumented functions were
supposed to do he replied, "I've no idea. It's been too long and I've
forgotten." So, gotta' figure out the code in other ways.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>