[PLUG] Emacs-21.2.1: Changing Indent Depth in C Code

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 20 08:08:02 UTC 2004

  In my GNU/Emacs book I see that I can specify different formatting styles
for .c files and I can indent code by use of ESC-C-\ (but I'm not sure for
what the 'C' stands; neither Ctrl nor 'c' seem to do anything). But, what I
want to do is change code written by someone else to the spacing I prefer:
2 spaces rather than 8 spaces.

  Is there a way to do this in one fell swoop? I really don't want to spend
the time to bring each line to the left margin then press tab. The file on
which I'm now working is 638 lines long.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>