[PLUG] Once again

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Aug 20 10:57:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   It's a long commute for you, but Northwest Computer Support in Beaverton
> may do mail order service, too. I've had excellent work by them (except the
> one time they didn't reseat the Sony's keyboard properly and I had to make
> another 50-mile round trip).

If I can make and excuse to travel I will!

>   On the 1999-vintage ThinkPad 600E we have, the A/C adapter failed about a
> year ago. I would not charge the battery. NCS checked it out, discovered the
> reason and sold me a new brick and cord.

That's right I was going to check this out but I've been having too many
brain cramps(farts) lately and ideas slip away.  I'll throw it on the
multi-meter tonight and see if there is even anything there.

> Just a couple of months ago the battery wheezed and died. I found a
> replacement for $65 by searching the Web.

I think the competition with all the Froogle, eBay, pricewatch and like
sites is mading it easier to find stuff at better prices.  When Mike
priced batteries, probably shortly after he bought the laptop, they were
very expensive.

Thanks for helping me get a better perspective.

Rod