[PLUG] Ideas needed...

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Mon Aug 23 20:03:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 00:39 +0000, Aaron Burt wrote:
> Try Redwood Virtual.  I rent a virtual Linux box from 'em for $5/mo
> (starts at $10/mo now) and have few compaints.  It's really nice to have
> my stuff hosted where I don't have to worry about IP addresses, moves or
> ISP changes.  Heck, these days, I don't even pay for an ISP and use
> Personal Telco instead.

I second the RWV recommendation.  I've been with 'em since before they
were RWV and haven't had any problems aside from a few unscheduled
downtimes (most recently for something like 12 hours - that was a major
bummer, but oh well...) and sometimes the box feels a little bit laggy.

I started out with the (now defunct) $5/month deal but recently upgraded
when I began playing with MySQL and PHP and found I was eating up many
gigabytes of bandwidth every month.

They've done good by this customer - I've sent about five folks over
there, four are still with 'em.

Aaron- you should mention you get a referral bonus, a free month, for
everybody you get who stays with the service for six months.  If they
don't list you, you don't get anything.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.