[PLUG] Hey, whats a used 2GiB RAM, 8x400MHz Sun E4500 worth these days?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 24 12:04:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Russell Senior wrote:

> Any idea of current values for these things, and any experience running
> Linux on them?  Considering one for a compute server.

  After they decided to get into Microsoft's bed, I'd say about $3.95.

  eBay has one for $1,600. They also have two with 8 cpus; one for $152.50
the other for $405. Guess they're cheaper with more processors. Actually,
eBay has 18 for sale with various numbers of processors and amounts of RAM.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>