[PLUG] Dell Axim X30

Mel Andres mel97215 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 19:05:03 UTC 2004

AthlonRob wrote:
> Have any of y'all tried the Axim X30?  If so, how'd you like it?
>
> I'm looking at potentially purchasing the one with integrated 802.11b.
> I would probably keep Windows Mobile Edition on it (haven't decided for
> sure just yet), but would certainly be needing to sync it (contacts,
> calendar, tasks) with Evolution.  I want to figure out something to put
> email on it, off my IMAP server, as well... but haven't quite looked
> into that just yet.
>
> Any opinions on the thing?  Recommendations for similarly priced PDAs
> offering as much punch for the buck?
>
> Thanks.  :-)

Can't speak from personal experience, but my boss is happy with his. He
syncs with a MAC laptop. Another co-worker has one too, syncs his with
WinXP. Havn't heard how well it works with Linux. One nice option, is an
external keyboard.

There are local Dell direct stores, where you can look, touch, and ask
questions:
Clackamas Town Center
12000 SE 82nd Ave Suite 1093
Portland, OR
Phone: (503) 353-1670

Lloyd Center Mall
2201 Lloyd Center
Portland, OR
Phone: (503) 281-2201

Located on the 2nd floor next to Barnes and Noble.

Washington Square
9585 SW Washington Square Rd
Tigard, OR
Phone: (503) 598-3991