[PLUG] skipping spamd for unknown users - solved - reject vs. drop invalid user

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Aug 26 09:51:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Rasmussen <mikeraz at patch.com> writes:

Michael> This is spam related.  My MX secondary, for as yet unknown
Michael> reasons, has a lot of my domains' mail sent through it.

Most spammers now deliver *only* to the secondaries, for exactly
the reasons you state.

Back when the internet was sketchy, MXes made sense.  These days, MXs
should be included only if you expect your machine to be offline for 4
or more hours on a regular basis, or are behind a firewall.

Get rid of your MX, and life will be much better.  If your machine is
down for an hour or two, the sender will redeliver later.  And a
spammer will just move along.