[PLUG] skipping spamd for unknown users - solved - reject vs. drop invalid user

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Aug 26 10:38:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 10:18 -0700, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> You have a reference that documents the spammer behavior?  We've speculated
> that this is the case, but don't have "proof."

Well, I think statistically it appears to be the case.  There have
probably been studies done; no doubt someone on the SA list would
know...

> For better or worse I am hosted on consumer grade DSL and like to leave
> town for vacations.  If the DSL modem gets hung (as it is wont to do)
> while I was out of town the mail lists I host would be hosed.

Maybe you need a new DSL provider?  I haven't had a single outage in +3
years due to DSL.  (Usually it's due to a power flicker and the stupid
Compaq Deskpro I have for power not having a keyboard plugged-in...)

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc